Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Re: " NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ODDS "

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:15 pm

Igovernor wrote:It will not be hudson as our permenant manager it will be an experienced manager, and we are prepared to pay compo if we have to.
Forgetting the odds my money would be on Jones or Dyche :thumbup:

Dyche I hope

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:It will not be hudson as our permenant manager it will be an experienced manager, and we are prepared to pay compo if we have to.

Sounds more like Mark Hughes than Sean Dyche :thumbup:

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:19 pm

So the board completely rip up the changing of the style after it Duffy click straight away and go back to pragmatic hoofball… wow is all I can say

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Igovernor come on how can you know that no one knew he was being sacked until he was sacked

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:50 pm

Hope you're right Roger, as I fear they'll give the job to Hudson which would just be a sideways step - albeit without Morison's attitude.

Dyche would be my number one choice. Those who say he plays hoofball obviously didn't see his Burnley team last time they were in the Championship.

But I can't see it happening. He's still being heavily linked with the Bournemouth job and Leicester fans want him to replace Rodgers.

Jones would be my next choice if we could manage to get him from Luton.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:51 pm

Bring back Slade

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Scoularman wrote:Bring back Slade

:lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:44 pm

People saying Dyche are out of touch. Why would he follow up his tenure at Burnley with a job at Cardiff. We are not a promotion favourite in need of some new manager energy and impetus… we are a team chucked together with no current playing identity with no potential beyond mid table. Never mind the fact he will not get money and will get far better offers. People have an inflated expectation because when have we ever appointed a sought after manager? The only one was Malky who was on the rise. Ole was just a name who no other premier league club would touch at the time, Jones stock was low and Harris, Slade happy to be hired. You could argue Warnock was in a position to turn us down but come on was he ever. We don’t appoint managers doing well at peer clubs within the pyramid there is or normally a reason fir us getting a manager and it’s normally because they are available or cheap or biting our hands off!

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:47 pm

Hudson will not get the job it will be an experienced man who can make this squad tick.

Hopefully before the games start again after the International break.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:50 pm

It was nice having a young manager with fresh ideas whilst it lasted

Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:25 pm

If we can afford him, my choice would be Marcelo Bielsa. With Leeds he has proved he can take a championship team up to the next level. I’m fed up with these inexperienced low cost, no record, guys.
I certainly don’t want Dyche, Warnock, or some of the other choices, the posters have suggested.
Alternatively can’t we really find a successful in La Liga a young Spanish manager with some success, Would not cost a fortune.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Bielsa! Behave and get to bed

Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:14 am

We could go continental
X norwic D farker seemed to manage on a tight budget
cannot see the likes of dyche or any big name going to take us on without a war chest.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:58 am

What's Dave Jones up to, at least we'd have good football.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:46 am

Updated:

Cardiff City next manager odds in full

Mark Hudson 7/4

Nathan Jones 7/1

Sol Bamba 7/1

Craig Bellamy 12/1

Lee Bowyer 12/1

Scott Parker 14/1

Anthony Barry 16/1

Dean Holden 16/1

Mark Hughes 16/1

Neil Warnock 16/1

Paul Warne 16/1

Sean Dyche 16/1

Steven Schumacher 16/1

Tony Pulis 16/1

Odds courtesy of SkyBet, correct at time of publication
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: UPDATED: " NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ODDS "

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:22 am

I would point out that Hudsons only brief period as a manager was as a caretaker manager for three games at Huddersfield and they lost all three games, admittedly one was against Man City in the cup but it doesn’t inspire confidence.

Dyche would be my choice but I think he could do better than us.

Nathan Jones would be interesting he’s done a brilliant job at Luton but when he left for Stoke he was a bit of a disaster.

As for Sol Campbell he has never managed a football club in his life so I can’t see why he should be so highly regarded as a potential manager.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 am

Crayfish wrote:I would point out that Hudsons only brief period as a manager was as a caretaker manager for three games at Huddersfield and they lost all three games, admittedly one was against Man City in the cup but it doesn’t inspire confidence.

Dyche would be my choice but I think he could do better than us.

Nathan Jones would be interesting he’s done a brilliant job at Luton but when he left for Stoke he was a bit of a disaster.

As for Sol Campbell he has never managed a football club in his life so I can’t see why he should be so highly regarded as a potential manager.

Sol Campbell has managed Macclesfield and Southend. He actually pulled off a miracle relegation escape at the former but couldn't manage a similar against the odds survival at the latter. Both clubs in huge financial difficulties during his time there.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:49 am

Sol Campbell oh come on you are hilarious

Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:05 pm

Something_Blue wrote:Sol Campbell oh come on you are hilarious

Any chance you can stop the immature quips...? :?

I know it's asking a lot, but you are now wearing very thin and given your own comments, hardly one to mock others... ;) :roll:

Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Something_Blue wrote:People saying Dyche are out of touch. Why would he follow up his tenure at Burnley with a job at Cardiff. We are not a promotion favourite in need of some new manager energy and impetus… we are a team chucked together with no current playing identity with no potential beyond mid table. Never mind the fact he will not get money and will get far better offers. People have an inflated expectation because when have we ever appointed a sought after manager? The only one was Malky who was on the rise. Ole was just a name who no other premier league club would touch at the time, Jones stock was low and Harris, Slade happy to be hired. You could argue Warnock was in a position to turn us down but come on was he ever. We don’t appoint managers doing well at peer clubs within the pyramid there is or normally a reason fir us getting a manager and it’s normally because they are available or cheap or biting our hands off!

Dyche hardly likely to ho to a premier club his tactics are old school and limited ..... unless wba or the like sack their manager cannot he will have limited options for a job.. not sure if he'd accept lower wages that championship will offer.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Updated this afternoon.

Hudson the 2/1 favourite, as is often the case with caretaker managers.

Jones, Bamba and Parker the next names on the list.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:22 pm

Anybody but Warnock we don't want to go backwards and end up with stiff necks again. OK he did OK first time around let's move forward now. When Mccarthy was sacked people complained he should have gone a lot earlier. Morison sacked should have left it a bit longer. Seems to me they can't please anyone in their decisions. Maybe they should sign a Manager every 6 months just for the fun of it.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:29 pm

MikeP wrote:Anybody but Warnock we don't want to go backwards and end up with stiff necks again. OK he did OK first time around let's move forward now. When Mccarthy was sacked people complained he should have gone a lot earlier. Morison sacked should have left it a bit longer. Seems to me they can't please anyone in their decisions. Maybe they should sign a Manager every 6 months just for the fun of it.

Good idea Watford do it... :D

Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:35 am

A couple of new names at the top of the betting today, with Jody Morris and Veljko Paunovic up there.

Hudson the 5/2 favourite still.

NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ODDS - 12.30PM 20TH SEPTEMBER

Mark Hudson - 5/2

Jody Morris - 5/1

Nathan Jones - 6/1

Sol Bamba - 7/1

Veljko Paunovic - 7/1

Scott Parker - 12/1

Craig Bellamy - 14/1

Lee Bowyer - 14/1

Paul Warne - 16/1

Sean Dyche - 16/1

Michael Flynn - 18/1

Anthony Barry - 20/1

Mark Robins - 20/1

Tony Pulis - 20/1

Darren Purse - 25/1

Dean Holden - 25/1

Mark Warburton - 25/1

Neil Warnock - 25/1

Duncan Ferguson - 28/1

Mark Hughes - 28/1

Chris Hughton - 33/1

David Wagner - 33/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 33/1

Gary Rowett - 33/1

Kieran McKenna - 33/1

Leam Richardson - 33/1

Liam Manning - 33/1

Michael Carrick - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 33/1

Sam Allardyce - 33/1

Steven Schumacher - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 50/1

Mike Newell - 80/1

Re: TUES 20TH SEPTEMBER 2022: " NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER OD

Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:28 pm

Updated Tuesday 20th September 2022:

Latest odds

Here are the latest odds for the next Bluebirds boss, courtesy of SkyBet.

Mark Hudson 5/2

Jody Morris 5/1

Nathan Jones 6/1

Sol Bamba 7/1

Veljko Paunović 7/1

Scott Parker 12/1

Craig Bellamy 14/1

Lee Bowyer 14/1

Paul Warne 16/1

Sean Dyche 16/1

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:16 pm

Knowing Tan he's probably spoke to Jones and Warnock.

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm

sky bet isn't the most reliable either .

Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Something_Blue wrote:Igovernor come on how can you know that no one knew he was being sacked until he was sacked

What on earth are you on about? :lol:

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:21 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

Sol Campbell has managed Macclesfield and Southend. He actually pulled off a miracle relegation escape at the former but couldn't manage a similar against the odds survival at the latter. Both clubs in huge financial difficulties during his time there.[/quote]

I agree with you entirely. He is dismissed as a failure or joke by most but this is grossly unfair. He should be applauded for taking jobs in the fourth tier and not thinking they're beneath him. At both clubs he has, as you write, had the financial rug pulled from under him and had to operate with no money, in fact with players often going unpaid. Despite this he did as well or better than could be expected under the circumstances. He deserves a crack at a club who aren't in monetary meltdown.

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:56 pm

Jones now down to 4-1

Mark Hudson 11/8
Jody Morri 7/1
Nathan Jones 4/1
Sol Bamba 5/1
Veljko Paunović 7/1
Scott Parke 12/1
Craig Bellamy 10/1
Lee Bowyer 14/1
Paul Warne 16/1